13 June 2013

1 - Saying Hello Is The Best Way To Do That

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm glad you've decided to drop by. I'll tell you a little bit about what you can expect.

I value three things above all else: fitness, writing, and finding purpose.

These are connected processes - they share the common link of being journeys. They are not end points, and calling them means to an end doesn't do them justice either. No journey is worthwhile if you can't be bothered to have a look out the window. Fitness enables me to improve my physical and mental health, writing allows me to see and show the world with creativity and imagination, and finding purpose challenges me to live in a meaningful way. 

To my eyes and heart, these three processes are bound together. In the puzzle of Me, I'm gradually finding that they just fit together. They make me tick. They give me pleasure and fulfillment. They make me feel alive. 

But that's just me - I'm not you, and we're certainly not the same! Take a moment and ask yourself right now: what do you value above all else? In the puzzle of You, what just fits together? 

The time will come when this blog is bursting at the seams with content. Trust me, it will! Most of the content will gravitate toward my true interests: fitness, writing, and finding purpose. We’ll probably fit some random comments on sports and music in along the way as well. But nothing's certain, except for the fact that nothing's been planned out. We'll just see where things go. Besides, the journey's never quite as fun when every stop is scheduled and mapped out anyway.

Some pearls of wisdom may eventually come out of this haystack. But that day is not today. Like everything else in life, you're always a beginner the first time you do something. Thankfully there will be a tomorrow, and I'll no longer be a blogger-rookie. I may even know how to attach images or web-links by that point. Either way, I'm not too concerned - learning as you go along is half the fun! 

I am not a self-help expert, nor have I 'changed my life.' It's something I am learning to do with a lot of hard knocks along the way. I guess you could say I'm in the middle of a fog, but now realize I can find a way out of it. That's what I'm doing, that's what will allow me to be happy, and so I may say a thing or two about that along the way. Talking about and going in the right direction is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's a House Newf?